Kenya’s leading telco Safaricom finally rolled out new PostPay plans for its consumers. Unlike previously, the new packages have been harmonised to offer value for money so if you’re a Safaricom customer like me you really need to be excited.
For as little as Ksh. 1000, you can also join the plan get 5GB of data, 400 minutes talk time and unlimited SMSs. The good thing is that now you can do it straight from your phone. Previously, you had to visit a Safaricom shop with your national ID, pay the amount and some deposit on top before being enrolled into the plan. Under this new plan, you can now do it via USSD or via mySafaricom App and even via the web by visiting the Safaricom website.
As I mentioned you can join the plan for as little as Ksh. 1000 with the highest plan being Ksh.10,000. Below is a breakdown of the new Safaricom PostPay plans.
How to join Post Pay – Steps
To join PostPay you have to:
- Dial *544#, the same code you use to purchase data bundles and select Option 4 (Join PostPay).
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to activate PostPay using package identifier number one. Select enter
- You will then be required to enter your email. Go ahead and enter it and
- Press option one to proceed
- The next page will have all the plans we have listed above. Selected your prefered one and authenticate. I went for the 1000 plan.
- A confirmation notification will be sent to you via SMS. You will also receive an email welcoming you to the service.
Remember you can also join PostPay using the mySafaricom App, there’s an enrol option included as well as through the Safaricom Webpage (Safaricom.com)
Why should you join the new PostPay plan?
As we have previously said, the new plan has been harmonized to cater to almost everyone. Joining is also simple since you don’t have to visit a Safaricom shop and even pay a deposit.
The data and minutes in the new plan are also non-expiry which is pretty exciting. This means should you fail to exhaust them, they will be rolled over to the new month.
The minutes can also be used across all networks and also to make international calls. The international calls are however limited to only four countries – India, the United States, China and Canada.
Do I have an option to exit the plan?
Yes, if you enrol and wish to leave the plan, all you will need to to do is dial *544#, there’s an exit option. Moving will however require you to clear your accumulated PostPay bills. The deposits will be refunded within 48 hours.