- HiiL (The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law) is a social enterprise devoted to user friendly justice
- The HiiL Justice Accelerator is open to startups from Southern Africa
Southern African justice startups looking for the opportunity to take their business to new heights have until 30 April 2021 to enter the HiiL Justice Accelerator programme.
Successful candidates will earn a place in the prestigious international HiiL Justice Accelerator programme, along with EUR 10,000 in funding and a package of tailored local support. In addition to receiving a significant boost of non-equity seed funding, selected startups will have the opportunity to present to an international jury and compete for additional cash prizes of up to EUR 20,000 at the HiiL Innovating Justice Forum.
The annual challenge attracts top innovations that have a proven solution led by a strong team with experienced founders, a scalable business model, and are on their way to financial sustainability. Applications from both for-profit and non-profit organisations are welcomed. The programme will once again look for sustainable innovations that empower people by creating better.
Themba Mahleka, co-head of the HiiL Innovation Hub Southern Africa, says tackling inequality and injustice in all its forms is more urgent than ever before given the enormous social and economic challenges of the past year. “We are looking for the most promising social entrepreneurs from Southern Africa that aspire for everybody to have access to justice at work, at home, in the neighbourhood and in business.”
Interested startups can submit their applications here.
The programme will once again look for sustainable innovations that empower people by creating better:
- working conditions with their employer
- separation terms with their spouse
- protection against theft, fraud and violence
- arrangements about noise, damages and property access with their neighbour
- housing maintenance and rent conditions with their landlord
- agreements on ownership, registration and use of land
- ways to reduce corruption
- contracts, fraud protection and compliance for their small business
Follow us on Telegram, Twitter, Facebook, or subscribe to our weekly newsletter to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates. Send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.