Video streaming platform Showmax today announced a new partnership with Kenya’s leading telco Safaricom. The partnership will see Showmax offer customers two months of streaming for the price of one while making it easier for Kenyans to pay for and watch their favourite shows on their mobile devices.
Customers will be offered data deals bundled with a 60-day Showmax subscription, instead of the usual 30-day subscription. The deals come in two options : Showmax Mobile (60 days) + 1GB Safaricom data for KES 389 and Showmax Pro Mobile (60 days) + 3GB Safaricom data for KES 1299.
“We’re always looking at ways to make it easier for fans to watch Showmax,” said Nathan Hanley, Chief Expansion Officer – MultiChoice Connected Video. “Our partnership with Safaricom gives our customers the convenience of a single payment for both entertainment and data to make streaming quick and easy while giving them and extra 30 days of watching,” he added.
How to can access the service
- Visit www.showmax.com/safaricom or dial *544*20# and select Showmax
- Select either a Showmax Mobile (2 months) + 1GB data or Showmax Pro Mobile (2 months) + 3GB data
- Create an account or sign in using your email address and password
- Enter your Safaricom mobile phone number and click on next.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN on your phone to approve your payment
- You will receive an SMS confirming payment
- Start watching
This bundled deal with Safaricom makes it easier for Kenyan streaming fans to pay for Showmax and data via M-Pesa in one go.
“As a digital-first company, we want to avail affordable devices and data bundles and leverage our extensive 4G coverage to enable Kenyans access a new world of content from the comfort of their phones. Through this partnership, our customers can now enjoy their favourite shows on Showmax using bundles that provide value and convenience,” said Peter Ndegwa, CEO of Safaricom PLC.
This deal is valid from 1 February to 31 March 2022 and is exclusive to Safaricom customers.