The Communication Authority (CA) of Kenya has announced several changes in its senior management effective immediately.
Acting Director-General Ms.Mercy Wanjau said the changes are also meant to ensure the Authority realizes its vision of a digitally transformed nation.
‘‘The Authority is committed to effectively discharge its mandate to ensure that the ICT sector contributes to the country’s socio-economic growth. In order to achieve this, one of our Strategic Plan (2018-2023) objectives is to strengthen the institutional capacity and stimulate a high-performance culture,’’ she said.
The changes are as follows:
1.Mr. Christopher Kemei, currently the Director/Licensing, Compliance and Standards has been redeployed as Director/Universal Service Fund (USF).
2. Mr. Matano Ndaro, currently the Director, Competition, Tarrifs and Market Analysis has been redeployed as Director/Licensing, Compliance and Standards.
3.Mr. Maxwell Mosoti, currently Acting Director/Universal Service Fund (USF) has been redeployed as Acting Director/Competition, Tariffs and Market Analysis.
Other changes include:
1. Mr. Kipng’etich Rotich, currently Assistant Director/Human Resource Management has been redeployed to the Universal Service Fund (USF) as Assistant Director, Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
2. Ms. Beatrice Bonga, currently Manager/Human Resource Services has been appointed Acting Assistant Director/Human Resource Management.
3. Ms. Emma Otieno, currently Manager/Corporate Planning has been redeployed to the Universal Service Fund (USF) as Manager/Fund Mobilization and Management.
4. Ms. Priscah Motogwa, currently Assistant Manager/Human Resources, has been appointed Acting Manager/Administration.
The staff who have been redeployed according to the Communication Authority have a vast wealth of experience. The Authority says it strongly believes these changes will contribute towards the overall institutional performance and delivery of the Government’s Big 4 Agenda for the benefit of the citizens of Kenya.