Spotify on Monday revealed the most streamed songs on the platform over the last three months.
Topping the list is Burna Boy’s “Last Last”, which samples Tony Braxton’s 2000 hit “He Wasn’t Man Enough”. The track was released as his first single from his album “Love, Damini”, and not only claimed the top spot in Kenya but also topped lists in markets like Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda.
Last Last is not the only song from Burna’s new album topping the list, his collaboration with Ed Sheeran, “For My Hand”, is fourth on the top 20 list, and “It’s Plenty” is tenth. Flying solo as the only Kenyan song in the top 20 is Wakadinali’s “Geri Inengi” while Fave’s Baby Riddim, which is 17th, is the only song by a female artist that is not part of a collaboration.
Ayra Starr and Tems are also in the top 20, with “Overloading (OVERDOSE)” and “WAIT FOR U”, respectively, both collaborations.
Below is the Spotify’s most-streamed songs in the last 90 days in Kenya:
- “Last Last” by Burna Boy
- “Sugarcane (Remix)” by Camidoh, Darkoo, King Promise, Mayorkun
- “Overloading (OVERDOSE)” by Mavins, Ayra Starr, Boy Spyce, Crayon, LADIPOE, Magixx
- “For My Hand” by Burna Boy, Ed Sheeran
- “Finesse” by BNXN fka Buju, Pheelz
- “Buga (Lo Lo Lo)” by Kizz Daniel, Tekno
- “Girlfriend” by Ruger
- “Calm Down” by Rema
- “KU LO SA – A COLORS SHOW” by Oxlade
- “It’s Plenty” by Burna Boy
- “WAIT FOR U” by Future, Drake,Tems
- “emiliana” by CKay
- “Monalisa” by Sarz, Lojay
- “Geri Inengi” by Wakadinali, Scar Mkadinali, Sewersydaa, SirBwoy
- “Dior” by Ruger
- “understand” by Omah Lay
- “Baby Riddim” by Fave
- “Monalisa” by Sarz, Lojay, Chris Brown
- “Jimmy Cooks” by Drake, 21 Savage
- “Sip (Alcohol)” by Joeboy
This list is based on user listening between May 29 and August 29, 2022