By Benjamin Washington
You love to travel around the world – who wouldn’t, right? You think that travelling is a great avenue for you to de-stress from whatever is happening with your life right now and you love the feeling of refreshment you’d get after you’d go travelling. Most of your travels were done internationally so for your next trip, you’re planning to visit a nearby city using your car. You think that this will be very convenient for you and nothing from your travelling experience is being compromised. Travelling by your car is something that you weren’t able to do in this past, but you’re excited to do it right away.
Aside from preparing all your baggage and snacks to bring during your trip, you should also try downloading apps which can make your trip easier and stress-free (because yes, apps can do that now). You should start downloading all of these apps before you drive for your next trip, and for very good reasons:
- Flush Toilet Finder: Just by reading the name of the app, you’ll know what this is for. Yes, you’re right – this app can help you locate the nearest restroom during your travel. Its database currently has 190,000 restrooms! Once you download this app, you’ll never worry about holding your urge to pee because you’ll immediately know when and where to have that little stopover.
- GasBuddy: Aside from worrying where you should take your bathroom breaks, looking for gas stations can become a problem when you’re travelling by your car. You don’t want to end up in the middle of nowhere with an empty gas gauge, right? Worry no more because an app can cover that for you! GasBuddy is an app you can download for free which tells you the location of the closest gas stations. You’ll now be able to budget your gas usage accordingly without stressing too much of where to get it next.
- HotelTonight: Driving all around can be tiring, and it’s dangerous to continue driving once you’re tired. For your next trip, you don’t want to risk your safety, so it’s always a good idea to stop for hotels and get a good night’s sleep if you’re already tired. If you don’t know where you’ll stay for the night, download HotelTonight as this app can help you make last minute reservations to nearby hotels. With the options available to you through this app, you’ll be able to find a hotel fast so you can slip into a good night sleep ready for the next day.
- Roadtrippers: Are you worried that your entire travel will be stressful since you don’t have any sense of direction? An app can help you with that problem and ensure that you’ll still have fun when you’re travelling by your car. Roadtripper is an app which allows you to mark the beginning and end of certain points, and then figure out different ways on how you can noodle around between these points. You’ll never get lost once you have this app!
- RepairPal: One of the most taxing things to do when you’re travelling in your car is the possibility of it requiring for repairs while you’re on the road. If you don’t have any idea on the know-how to do repairs on your own, this might become an issue. Thankfully, you can download RepairPal for this purpose. All you have to do is to indicate your car made and model and the app will provide you mechanics around the area and estimate for repair. You’ll know where to go and how much to pay with RepairPal – and that’s obviously very helpful.
- Google Trips: Piling many maps and brochures for tourist areas can become a nuisance if you travel by your car. Can you imagine how many papers you’ll collect just to know where you’re going and what to do next? As much as possible, going paperless is the best way to get things done. And you can still do the same with your itineraries by using Google Trips. This app allows you to create your travel itinerary by providing you with suggestions on what to see or do in a specific area. And this app doesn’t require an internet connection to work so no matter where you are, as long as you have enough battery power, you can use this app.
There are pros and cons once you decide to travel in a car. But instead of worrying about what could happen along the way, you should make use of these apps to your advantage. No matter what your concerns are during your travel, an app can immediately address all of those! You just have to make sure that before you travel, you’ll take the time to learn how to use these apps. You don’t want to be downloading all of these apps and then end up not using even one because you don’t know how to navigate through it.
Benjamin Washington is a promising young law writer currently writing for Stewart Guss. He hopes to apply his years of study into helping explain legal issues to the public. Benjamin loves cooking and often cooks for his family during weekends.