On Tuesday Facebook rolled out a new feature in Messenger that will be able to give people a more convenient and secure way to send or receive money between friends.
So how do you just do IT? Here are the few steps:
To send money:
- Start a message with a friend
- Tap the $ icon and enter the amount you want to send
- Tap Pay in the top right and add your debit card to send money
To receive money:
- Open the conversation from your friend
- Tap Add Card in the message and add your debit card to accept money for the first time
The first time you send or receive money in Messenger, Facebook says you will need to add a Visa or MasterCard debit card issued by a US bank to your account. Once you add a debit card, you can create a PIN to provide additional security the next time you send money. On iOS devices you can also enable Touch ID. As always, you can add another layer of authentication to your account at any time.
It may take one to three business days to make the money available to you depending on your bank, just as it does with other deposits.
This feature will be rolling out over the coming months in the US across Android, iOS, and desktop.