When we first heard that Kodak was planning to enter the smartphone market a couple of months ago, we became very curious. For a company which has for a long time been known for its focus on imaging, it was interesting to see them try out a new product.
After months of waiting, the company has finally unveiled its first smartphone, the Kodak Ektra smartphone specifically aimed at Photography enthusiasts. The Kodak Ektra Smartphone fuses the best of Kodak’s rich history in imaging with the latest innovations in smartphone photography.
According to Jeff Clarke, Kodak Chief Executive, “Kodak has a rich history in imaging technology and the launch of the KODAK Smartphone today demonstrates our ongoing commitment to bringing the latest advances in photography to consumers. The original Kodak Ektra Camera was launched in 1941 and in its latest reincarnation, opens up a world of creative opportunities to all who care about photography.”
The Kodak Ektra features a 21-megapixel fast focus camera sensor with f2.0 aperture, and an industry leading 13-megapixel front-facing camera with Phase Detection Auto Focus PDAF and f2.2 aperture.
Below are the specifications:
- ANDROID 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 21mp fast focus camera sensor with f/2.0 lens, PDAF, OIS, Dual LED Flash
- 13mp phase detection auto focus front-facing camera with f/2.2 PDAF
- Helio X20 2.3GHz Decacore processor with 3GB RAM
- 32GB memory, expandable with MicroSD cards
- Advanced Manual Mode – adjustable on Exposure, ISO, Focal Length (Manual/Auto), White Balance, Shutter Speed
- Familiar scene selection dial experience – includes scene modes Smart Auto, Portrait, Manual, Sports, Bokeh, Night-time, HDR, Panorama, Macro, Landscape, Film / Video
- Integrated high quality printing app
- Super 8 Video Recorder
- Integrated social media sharing
- 3000mAh, with USB 3.0 Type C fast charger
The Smartphone will be priced at £449 and available across Europe later this year.