Algorand Foundation and Reach in partnership with Africa Blockchain Alliance have opened applications for the Decentralized Umoja Algorand Bounty Hack.
In line with the Africa Blockchain Alliance’s commitment to foster blockchain education on the African continent, the Alliance partnered with Algorand Foundation and Reach to organize this agile and fast paced program for African web developers to get into blockchain development.
The program will be in the form of an online Bounty Hack Series, which is a guided hackathon in which participants (teams and individuals) learn to build blockchain apps (Dapps) and then complete projects from a pre-approved list over the course of six weeks.
Each team will be assigned a mentor who will work closely with the team to help them succeed to their fullest potential. The dapps developed are presented at the end of the hack and voted on by participants. Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams. But the hack doesn’t end there. Teams can earn prizes and incentives just for participating.
Details on prizes and incentives are listed below.
- 1st prize $1,500; 2nd prize: $1,250 and 3rd prize: $1,000
- $600 to all other teams for project completion
- $1,000 Community Choice award
- $250 for writing an article describing your project
- $500 for joining a call describing your project to the project team after the hack
- $500 for turning your project into a Reach workshop (with a pull request)
- $750 for turning your project into a Reach tutorial (with a pull request)
- Up to $750 after completing your project through content incentives
Who can Apply
The hackathon is open to all developers with any level of experience in software development. The main thing is a commitment to complete the tutorial and a project. This is what the tutorial looks like.
How to Apply
Developers interested in participating in the Decentralized Umoja Algorand Bounty Hack can apply now here.
Applications closes on October 22, 2021.
The program will run from October 25, 2021 to December 10, 2021. A detailed timetable will be released.