The Nairobi Comic Convention (NAICCON) finally took place last week. The convention was held at the Village Market and brought together from various facets of the creative industry.
They included comic book artists, writers, illustrators, game developers, gaming distributors, animation artists, and cosplayers. The Nairobi Comic Convention is an event that promotes and displays local and international comics, gaming, animation & visual arts in general.
Here are some take-homes from the event:
- Took place at the Village Market on August 27 & 28th, 2016.
- Exhibition stands ranged from comic stands to gaming, comic books, game development studios. Fatboy animations were present to showcase their work in animation such as the popular Faiba animations.
- Some of the outstanding brands in the event were Blaze, Coke Studio, and the laptop computer maker, ASUS.
- ASUS showcased their latest and high-end laptop and desktop machines. Their latest machines come with the latest Intel processor and high-end graphics cards, perfect for intensive editing and gaming requirements. The laptops are the GL552J, the ET2230, and the UX305.
- Blaze Kenya was offering free airtime to attendees who signed up for the Blaze Kenya movement. Video game winners were awarded a total of Kshs. 20,000 airtime.
- Gaming competitions among attendees got alot of attention and excitement.
Watch the video below to see how things went down during the event.