Kenyan and other African startups in the Agriculture sector have been asked to apply for this year’s edition MTFC Innov8Agric Challenge.
The innovation challenge is a key event at this year’s edition of Meet The Farmer’s Conference to be hosted in Dubai. The event will host young farmers, agropreneurs, and Innovators in the Agric Value Chain to compete for the grand Prize of $5000. They will also get an all expense paid trip to Dubai for the Grand Finale, access to follow-on funding amongst other business opportunities.
The Innov8Agric Challenge is aimed at promoting innovative ideas for early stage Agric entrepreneurs from all sectors of the agriculture ecosystem who are applying creative and innovative methods to improve the agriculture value chain.
- Be an early stage innovative agribusiness that is original and currently running.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and be committed to the business
- Must have with an eye for social impact
How to apply for the MTFC Innov8Agric Challenge:
- Application: Complete the online application form via: http://mtfc.crenov8.com/innov8agric and submit on or before June 30, 2018.
- Selection: will be based on innovativeness, originality, viability and the personality of the founders. Selected Ideas will be announced and invited for the pitch challenge.
- Pitch Challenge: Selected businesses will have the opportunity to exhibit and participate in the regional satellite conferences. Winners will emerge from each region and then go on an all-expense paid to the United Arab Emirates to participate in the MTFC grand finale and pitch for the top prize in Dubai, UAE.
- Grand Finale: Winners from each regional conference in Accra, Nairobi, Kigali, and Abuja will now battle for the chance to win $5000 and access to other business opportunities.
Innov8 Agric Challenge is an initiative of the Agri Value Chain Development Conference, Meet The Farmers Conference (MTFC) which will hold across four African Countries and in Dubai, UAE with the focus on The Future of Agribusiness.
The Kenyan edition of the challenge will hold on 4th September 2018 at Tribe Hotels, Nairobi.