The Huawei Y7 Prime (2018) is now available in the country. Huawei has also announced that pre-orders for the device are open through online retailer Kilimall, and other physical retail outlets across the country.
The Device is officially expected to go on sale on April 19th for Ksh.16.999 but those interested in making pre-orders can do so by paying Kshs.777 and pay the remaining balance between 19th and 25th April. (This only applies to those who shop from Kilimall)
Huawei says the Huawei Y7 Prime (2018) is targeting young consumers in the country who technology is central to the lifestyle but are unable to afford other flagship devices due to their high prices.
The Y7 Prime (2018) sports a tall 18:9 display with 1440×720 resolution.The phone has a dual rear camera setup on its back, and an 8-megapixel selfie snapper at the front. The Y7 Prime (2018) is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 SoC, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage. It runs Android 8.0 Oreo.
Below are the specs.
- Display – Screen size 5.99 inches IPS, HD+ (1440×720 Pixels)
- Dimensions – 158.3 mm x 76.7 mm x 7.8 mm
- Weight – 155 Grams (With Battery)
- Camera – 13 MP + 2 MP f/2.2 with Single-LED and AF Dual Rear Camera | 8 Megapixel Front Camera
- Memory – RAM- 3GB LPDDR3 | ROM 32GB External Memory Support up to 256GB
- Battery – Non-Removable 3,000 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- CPU – Octa-Core (Quad Core 1.4GHz ARM Cortex-A53, Quad Core 1.1GHz ARM Cortex A-53)
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 MSM8937
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 505
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Fingerprint, Ambient Light, Compass
- Color – Black, Blue, Gold
- Operating System – Android 8.0 Oreo with Emotion UI 8.0
- I/O Interface – 2x Nano SIM Card Slot, microSD/TF Card Slot, Micro USB Port, 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
Huawei also says that those who pre-order the Huawei Y7 Prime (2018) will also get a Ksh.5,000 worth surprise gift package.